Dream Horse Guesthouse
Family, Pet & Horse friendly
bed and breakfast
Horse stays are enhanced by a designer 7 stall barn including large & small paddock/pastures, a heavy use pad with round pen (that has easily accommodated 12 horses), parking for big rigs,
and view of the horse barn from most B&B rooms.
Call to add on a $20 nightly pet stay to your room rate.
Dog and Cat Policy:
1. Shampoo/flea dip prior to arrival. Dog odors unacceptable.
2. Bring along a water dish, food, favorite toy, familiar bedding,
an extra blanket to throw on the floor, and a travel cage.
3. Dogs visiting dream Horse must be friendly & safe to be amongst people & other pets.
Dogs must be on a leash except in your Room.
4. Dogs are not to be left unattended in the Room, or at any time. All guests are entitled to the “quiet enjoyment” of the B&B.
5. Most restaurants with outdoor seating allow you to bring your pet. Others bring food back to the B&B. (Sometimes a seat in your shaded car while you dine is appropriate, too)
6. Exercise your pet in the fields and paths on our Dream Horse 16 acres property, but not on B&B walkways. NOTE: Use a pooper scooper to leave the grounds ready for others to use.
7. Wipe paws and check for ticks before returning. Ask your B&B host for towels.
8. Cats are not to be out of carriers while in Rooms. Cats must be kept in a carrier with litter box, water dishes, and floor protection.
9. Dog odors are unacceptable, and if odors are left in Room or damage to Room can be cause to pay for inability to rent Room and or extra cleaning or repair charges.
10. Protect the hardwood floors from scratches, spilled water, dog & cat food.
11. Dogs & cats not permitted on beds.
Animal-assisted activities (AAA) provide opportunities for motivation, education, or recreation to enhance quality of life. Animal assisted activities are delivered in a variety of environments by specially trained professionals, paraprofessionals, or volunteers in association with animals that meet specific criteria.
Animal-assisted therapy (AAT)
is a goal directed intervention in which an animal meeting specific criteria is an integral part of the treatment process. Animal-assisted therapy is delivered and/or directed by health or human service providers working within the scope of their profession. Animal-assisted therapy is designed to promote improvement in human physical, social, emotional, or cognitive function. Animal-assisted therapy is provided in a variety of settings, and may be group or individual in nature. The process is documented and evaluated.
Misty was an irresistible playmate at Dream Horse Guesthouse, but Innkeepers' horses are personal property, not for B&B or public use. Guests sometimes bring horses, so
they come and go, using the facility.
Guests with their Guest Horses unload & walk to the horse barn. For years trail riding and horse activities were offered, but not now.
Pet & Horse Boarding:
Most of our pet guest experiences have been 100% positive. Please read the following safety guidelines
intended for your enjoyment. We have learned that a B&B guest room with strange noises and humans coming and going isn't the same as being left alone in your personal home. You are liable for your pet at all times and responsible for damage, injury or lost revenue due to your pet.
1. Horses require proof of "Coggins test" and must not have contagious illness. Guests to abide by posted rules, set forth by Innkeepers. in the Boarding Barn, and the hold harmless check-in agreement. Guests with horses vary in requirements so ask Innkeepers for guidance of horse management. Cooperation has enabled 100% success of horse stays.
2. Camera courtesy is appreciated, since the horse barn areas are for paid boarders and privately owned horses - not public domain. Web photos herein are by permission of guests or other.
3. Leave barn boots or shoes and dirty barn clothing on deck to keep B&B area clean.